This page shows my ongoing progress and victories. A small victory is something I complete that allows me to feel good about myself or allows me to get one step closer to reaching any one of my goals:
April 19, 2018:
80. I’ve been going to trade shows and learning more about the industry. It is a really big industry and so many trade shows to attend, but It’s great to learn.
79. Been consistent with my new content schedule, which is one weekly blog post for 3 of the websites I maintain (Flower Gift Korea, Smart Trade Korea, and Entrepreneur Korea). Smart Trade Korea blog posts will be made public once I have at least 7 made.
April 11, 2018:
78. Created some posts for Entrepreneur Korea.
78. Created some blog posts for Smart Trade Korea, which will be made public in a few weeks wit at least 3 blog posts.
77. Started to connect with potential traders in other countries.
March 23, 2018:
76. I recently visited a trade show held at one of the COEX Exhibition halls. It was great to see some new items and get some photos that I can use somehow on my trade business website.
75. We had a pretty successful White Day on March 14th, not as successful as we would have liked, but we got more sales than last year’s White Day.
74. We added some new products for Flower Gift Korea. More new products to come!
Feb 27, 2018:
73. I updated our Flower Gift Korea homepage. It looks cleaner and has more tools that we use to help run our business more efficiently.
72. I finally did some work on my Florists website. It is going to be a long term project that I chip away at over time, but it has been started.
71. We successfully hired a few florists to help out for a few days during Valentines Day. They were very experienced and did a great job. We also learned more about the flower industry in Korea from them.
December 14, 2017:
70. We recently rearranged Flower Gift Korea and it is much more spacious! We decided to just focus on online sales and do not have as many product on display. Instead, we have more space to store products and supplies.
69. We recently designed our very own branded paper bags, which we use to carry around flowers and gifts for delivery. You can see what they look like by visiting this post on our Instagram account.
December 8, 2017:
68. I just made my first sale from my ETSY account. It took a long time and I didn’t think anyone was going to buy anything especially since the delivery cost is pretty high, but someone did! Wow, I honestly created my ETSY account for marketing purposes, but first sale shipped to the US.
December 3, 2017:
67. I recently graduated from the Trade academy course I took. It was an intensive learning process and it was very informative. It is going to be fun maintaining/growing my Flower business while creating my trade business!
November 26, 2017:
66. I finally created some new content for Entrepreneur Korea, which is a blog post
November 17, 2017:
65. Recently sold our first product on eBay! We just shipped it to Australia. It was our Real Flower Soju Glass Set.
November 14, 2017:
64. Found some time to really relax over the weekend
63. Added some new products for Flower Gift Korea
November 2, 2017:
62. I recently went to Daiso and bought a bunch of trays and small drawers to store our stickers/cards/etc. Just a bunch of things to better organize our work space at the Flower shop.
61. I recently created a rack for the ribboning we use. It was getting disorganized, so now things are better organized.
60. I just found out that I will start the Trade academy on the 20th of this month, so I’m excited about that.
October 26, 2017:
59. We got our own cards printed! Well, not printed but made. We used to order cards (for the messages that went along with flowers/gifts) off the Internet, but we are finally at a place in our business where we can order a large amount for a lower cost per card. We ordered a little less than 10,000. Yup, the minimum order quantity is pretty high. But we’ll save money in the long run as each card probably costs like 1/5 (maybe less) of what we were paying.
October 23, 2017:
58. I am all caught up with my admin work for Flower Gift Korea! The admin work includes our Customer Database, Sales Information, and Purchases (The Books).
October 22, 2017:
57. I have applied for the Trade Academy at the Seoul Global Center and will hear back from them by October 31st about the classes. They are free classes that are taught in Korean, so you do need to be able to speak Korean somewhat. They require a TOPIK Level 4 ability of Korean for the classes.
56. I wrote a blog post recently about Delivering in Korea (Part 1). I haven’t written one in awhile. I am going to also start a new Korean Business Info section with this type of information soon.
55. Flower Gift Korea is back up to stock on our supplies. We were low on supplies for awhile and stocked up. It sometimes takes a lot of time and money to do so.
October 13, 2017:
54. Flower Gift Korea is back to running normally ever since the long Chuseok holiday. It was a slow, tough time for us because of all of the limitations our business faced, but it looks like we are doing alright for this month considering the fact we lost a lot of business days.
October 1, 2017:
53. I’ve finally made FlowergiftKorea.com https secure. I had to go through each product page, page, and blog post and change all of the links from http to https manually! I was able to complete it by doing a little day by day. But yeah, each page finally has the little lock and green secure display. It shows up on the Chrome browser, though some browsers don’t really care if your website is that secure. It should help my google ranking.
September 29, 2017:
52. Flower Gift Korea recently went “hourless”, meaning we no longer have store hours. That means we can now focus more of our time to building our presence online and making our brand better.
September 20, 2017:
51. Made Flower Gift Korea much more secure, which should help it’s google ranking by making it an “https” website. I still have individual post/products to update in order to fully secure the website
50. Created one of my first technical related blog posts about checking your website on different browsers
49. Published the second podcast episode, interview with Maria Lee from Wonderful (Ask Ajumma)
September 11, 2017:
48. Finally published the first official podcast episode (Interview with Jessica Fry from JJ’s Diner and Natural Hair Korea for EntrepreneurKorea.com
47. Reached our sales target last month!
46. Haven’t watched TV at home since August 16
September 3, 2017:
45. I also just finished making the website for my family business in Canada, www.tomsvarietystore.com It is just a very simple static website with just a few pics and some info. I’m thinking of writing some blog posts with some key words to help people find our store online if they are looking for a convenience store in the area that sells cigars, as well as other items. Apparently, my family business is the only business that sells cigars in that town, so my father asked to make it known online. And I was more than happy to help.
44. Up to date with my CRM (Customer Relationship Management) system and Sales system that I have, which are just simple excel sheets with data I have been organizing so that we can better serve our customers.
August 30, 2017:
43. Recently held another 5 Star Raffle Prize draw for Flower Gift Korea.
August 27, 2017:
42. Published my hagwonstart podcast episode, now I just got to get to publishing and setting up my Entrepreneur Korea podcast
41. Updated my Customer Record File and Sales Record File recently
August 23, 2017:
40. Recorded some podcast episodes for Hagwonstart.com and EntrepreneurKorea.com, now I need to edit and publish the episodes or them.
39. Held a small networking event at my flower shop for people in the Hagwon industry a few days ago.
August 18, 2017:
38. Get a head start on cleaning my house and chores. And uploaded some new products onto FlowerGiftKorea.com
August 16, 2017:
37. Unplugged our TV and moved it to another room for safe storage. This move should help me get a lot more done at home.
August 15, 2017:
36. Bought some new supplies and organized all of our supplies for Flower Gift Korea.
August 14, 2017:
35. I went to a Real Estate Meetup the other day. I got to network with some people and I learned about some websites and got some tips that can help me learn more about investing in Real Estate in Korea. I’m not thinking of investing any time soon, but look forward to doing so once Flower Gift Korea becomes a little more stable.
August 7, 2017:
34. I spent a good few hours really thinking and writing/sketching what my End Goal Flower Gift Korea business would look like. I have tried this a few times already and didn’t really get a clear picture, but this time, I was able to see what it would really look like. I have a goal that I would like to achieve, know how much money I would like to make, what our business space will look like, where it will be, how many workers I would need, how much they would get paid (at first), etc. Now I just have to work towards getting to that end goal.
August 1, 2017:
33. I went to a networking event held by the Seoul Global Startup Centre located in Yongsan, Seoul. I got to meet some new people. I was really shy at first, but I just pushed myself to approach people. My goal was to get rid of all of the business card I brought, which was probably less than 15. I definitely should keep track, since I now have a goal to give at least 50 of my business cards to different people in Korea.
July 31, 2017:
32. Finally applied for an Amazon handmade sellers’ account. Since Amazon is for selling actual products, I had to apply for the handmade section. We’ll see if Flower Gift Korea is accepted.
31. Got ahead on my blog post schedule for Flower Gift Korea.
July 29, 2017:
30. Got ahead on my blog post for Entrepreneur Korea. Yup, now I am going to start creating them in advance and schedule them, so I don’t miss a week. I need to catch up with Flower gift Korea. Since our taxes are done, it should be a little easier to work on other things.
July 25, 2017:
29. My Kpop related site is being built very slowly. I add content to it here and there. It’s not as fun to build as recording a podcast, but it is something I must do and finish within the next few weeks. Let’s see what I can accomplish before the end of July.
28. My wife and I finally finished what we needed to do for our taxes. It is a little trickier this time around, since we now run a business that charges taxes as oppose to when we ran our English gyosoospo in Seoul, which is a business that does not charge taxes. Now we just have to wait and see how much tax we owe! Yikes!
July 18, 2017:
27. I recently sent out the annual update email to our past Flower Gift Korea (online) customers, which took a quite some time to do.
July 15, 2017:
26. Yesterday, I finished organizing what I needed for our taxes. I categorized what tax things we had on record in 4 different categories; electric tax receipts, non-electric tax receipts, cash receipts, and credit card tax purchases. I don’t know the English translations of the 4 categories, but I will create a post one day with a little bit of information about what I have learned through my experiences running businesses in Korea about taxes. It is very tedious work, but good thing we were keeping track of everything, but after doing it once, I now know how to do it more efficiently.
July 12, 2017:
25. Yesterday, I got a jump on the laundry. Actually, we were behind, but I was able to catch up and a little more. And did some other housework. A (somewhat) clean house helps me to have a clean mind.
July 11, 2017:
24. I created a new organization system (at Flower Gift Korea) for our wrapping paper and ribbon material. It’s now a lot more organized and it is now easier to find certain ribbon designs and wrapping paper. This will save us a lot of time.
July 7, 2017:
23. I already directed one person to my other Kpop website, even though it is unfinished. The website is needed for the Kpop industry. I’ll share what it is once I at least share it with 100 Kpop fans, but I’m nowhere near finished it.
22. Weekly blog post for Flower Gift Korea, “Flower Gift Korea Gift Set Ideas” finished.
July 6, 2017:
21. It’s been one week since I started my morning check-ins and I’ve been consistent thus far.
July 3, 2017:
20. I wrote a blog post for this website, June 2017 Review.
July 1, 2017:
19. I remembered to get a lot of rest. Recently, I fell asleep really early and just gave my body the rest it needed.
June 29, 2017:
16. Started my “Morning Check-in” page. I used to and for the most part have a morning routine I follow to help me prepare for the day. I noticed that I sometimes get lazy and just sleep in, which I sometimes need to do, but I want to keep track of how focused I am through out the week now. I got this idea after reading parts of, “Tools of Titans”.
15. I purchased an actual book and not an audio book for the first time in a long time. It’s called, “Tools of Titans” and was written by Tim Ferriss. So far it’s a good read.
June 22, 2017:
13. Created a “Celebrity Deliveries” page on Flower Gift Korea, which is a list of al of the celebrities in Korea we have delivered to so far.
June 20, 2017:
12. Held Flower Gift Korea’s first live raffle from our Instagram page and wrote about it. You can read about it by visiting here: http://www.flowergiftkorea.com/raffle-june-2017/
June 14, 2017:
11. New routine: Doing dishes and some house keeping right after dinner. This frees up more time in the morning for work or even more sleep.
June 11, 2017:
10. I uploaded some products to eBay for the first time. Not sure if it will lead to sales on there, but you never know.
June 7, 2017:
9. Created my first post of many where I share about what I learned about business laws and practices in Korea and how they affect us. I learn a lot of the information from my wife and some of the books she reads and then talk a bit about my own business experience in Korea. The first post is “What Happens When You don’t Register Your Business in Korea”
June 6, 2017:
8. I have updated this website/blog with feature images, a new theme, and a new homepage!
June 4, 2017:
7. I have created an Etsy page for the handmade pressed flower items we now offer at Flower Gift Korea, which should help get more people to know about Flower Gift Korea and may help to increase sales.
May 28, 2017:
6. I’ve added a few more handmade gift sets to our online shop and am still in the process of adding a few more, as well as the orchid flower products I have been able to offer via my partnership with a flower farm.
5. I was able to connect with a farm 2 days ago and will soon be able to make the popular Orchid Flower pots available on Flower Gift Korea. They are usually given to people in Korea for business presents or for house warming presents. It’s about time because we have lost a bunch of sales because we didn’t have them.
May 24, 2017:
4. I uploaded some of our new handmade items on our online shop for Flower Gift Korea
3. I created our new “countries” page for Flower Gift Korea, which shows the countries we have currently served thus far.
May 22, 2017:
2. I wrote a blog post for the Flower Gift Korea site today and have updated some data for the Flower Business.
1. I Updated all of the flower products for Flower Gift Korea. I still have to update a few other categories, but it is taking a lot of time going through each product. The crazy thing is that I wrote a post on April 11th called, “My Next Big Task“, which I still haven’t finished! But I’m getting there!